Chicopee Parks Department Recreational Basketball League
* For boys and girls ages 6 and in the first grade through Grade 7-8.
* Participants must live in or go to school in Chicopee to participate
* No Suburban players are eligible
* Divisions in Grade 1-2 (coed). 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 both boys and girls
* Grade 1-2, and boys Grades 3-8 games in Chicopee
* Grade 3-8 Girls (Quabbin League) games in Chicopee and other surrounding WMASS towns
* Practices (grades 3-8) once per week, games on weekends (either day or sometimes both if needed)
* Practices (grades 1-2) are on Saturdays, games on Sundays.
* Practices begin November 29. Games begin after New Year through mid-March. 8/9 game schedule
* Masks must be worn during practices and games
* All coaches and volunteers are Cori checked through the City of Chicopee
The following is a list of organizations that will be sponsoring teams in the league:
Sign ups will be online at http://www.sportsmanager.us/AJACbasketball.htm Cost to participate is $50.
Chicopee Boys and Girls Club:
Sign ups are October 18, 26. November 3, 10, 19 from 11:00 AM - 5:30 PM at 580 Meadow St. Cost is $40. Contact Mike Albano, Athletics Coordinator, at 413-206-4106 with any questions.
Knights of Columbus (K of C):
Sign ups are October 20, 27. November 3, 10, 17 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at the Castle of Knights on 1597 Memorial Dr. Youth Room. Cost is $40.
Tigers AC Galaxy:
Sign ups are October 19, 21, 26 from 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM at Bellamy Middle School back parking lot. October 27 and 28, and November 8 from 6:00 PM at the Tigers AC (14 Montgomery St.) Cost is $50.
If there are any questions on the league or where to sign up, please contact Dan Woodill, Youth Basketball Director, at 413-594-3481 x 105.